Thursday, December 31

Happy New Year: A Resume


































































Wow, it has seriously already been a year. I'm halfway through college - which saddens me, but at the same time makes me happy too, 'cause there are so many things I want to do after college is over. 2009 has really been a good year for me.



















In January I finally felt like I fitted in at the new school. I met a lot of new people, I turned 17 (nothing happens at 17 - can't wait 'til I turn 18..) and I finally started blogging regularly. I didn't take a lot of outfit pictures 'cause I never thought that my outfits were special enough. I wasn't really as interested in blogging that much back in january, and I didn't know many designers either, but someone I did know off was Alexander Wang, and I loved his AW 08/09 collection. In my opinion it's his best work so far.





















In February I went to London (the best part according to me was the days we shopped) and my interest for fashion finally took off. I started looking through a lot of different web shops, blogs and collections. I discovered trends - including fringe which I still love today, though it's not that popular anymore. I loved Proenza Schouler's pre-fall 09 collection. I went through Alexander Wang's AW 09 collection and felt disappointed (that changed though... I love the collection now). Gina Tricot finally started shipping to Denmark, and finally, Lily Donaldson became my favorite model.





















In March I went to the qualifications for the danish championships in Taekwondo, but sadly I sprained my foot (I fractured a bone in the same foot at the end of 2008...) during my first match, and now I can't fight anymore. I stumbled upon Looklet and had (still have) a lot of fun styling clothes. I began loving Urban Outfitters - speciall their jeans. I also stumbled upon Fashionising - a very good source I have to say. My favorite colors mainly became black, white and grey - something that hasn't changed since then. I bought my chainy necklace which I must say really has been an investment (can a necklace be that?), I've used it more than any other thing in my wardrobe.























In April Erin Wasson was my biggest style-icon - still love her. I bought my black wayfarers (wondering if they'll be popular again this summer?). I began loving denim (specially ripped or destroyed..) and studs, though never wearing either. I bought my harem pants. Jenny Humphrey from Gossip Girl became one of my style-icons. Her style turned edgier and I loved it. Me and Nanna had our first Fashion Frames shoot. Matthew Williamson's first collection for H&M was released.






















In May 2nd season of my favorite TV show - Gossip Girl - ended. I began loving shredded tees. Anja Rubik became one of my absolute favorite models. I ripped my first pair of jeans and bought a pair of white wayfarers. I started loving tie dye - though never wearing it myself. I also loved Balmain's SS 09 collection. I bought Twilight on DVD - which surely has been an investment. I ripped a pair of jeans for Nanna. Me and my friends celebrated the 9th graders last day of school (hahah) and I got a terrible sunburn. Finally, by the end of May I opened my eyes for the 80's.






















In June we didn't have any lessons 'cause we had to prepare for the exams (in Denmark we have exams each  year of college) which also meant just being at home wearing sweat pants and a loose tee. During June I loved the military trend and flower prints. I stopped biting my nails and began wearing nail polish every day. I loved Rag & Bone's resort 2010 collection. I began making dream outfits. Me and Nanna went shopping, and I bought my first pair of huge rings and my denim shirt. I started loving ripped tights and mesh - though, again, never wearing it myself. Anna Selezneva became one of my favorite models. By the end of June, me and my friends went to a party at my school and the summer break began. Michael Jackson - one of my absolute favorite musicians - died the 25th. June the 30th I went off to the Netherlands and later Belgium.



















By July the 10th I was home again. In Belgium I had bought my beloved x-body bag from Urban Outfitters. I stumbled upon Stockholm Streetstyle and stylish swedish people became a huge inspiration for me. Natasha Poly and Siri Tollerød became some of my favorite models. I began loving monochrome outfits. I posted my first musthave list (you can call it sort of a shopping list). I went shopping with Nanna again - but couldn't use any money since I was going to Paris later - and we discovered that Gina Tricot was opening a shop in Århus. I discovered that most of my favorite pictures actually are black/white pictures. I began loving sequins and huge and chunky bracelets. Alexa Chung became one of my style-icons. By the 27th I went off to Paris and Disneyland with my mom and my youngest big sister.























By August the 2nd I was home again. In Paris I'd bought my black/white geometric patterned sweater and my shredded tee. Went shopping again the 4th and bought my first headband. Terry Richardson became one of my favorite photographers. Me and my mom started planning our trip to Malmö, and I fell in love with Monki. I went to a beach party and the outfit I wore was one of the ''chosen'' at Style Gallery. School started again the 10th. Greg Kadel became one of my favorite photographers. Me and Nanna went to a Tina Dickow concert. I went shopping but I didn't have any money, so my mom bought my lace-up boots for me. Steven Meisel became one of my favorite photographers - specially his black/white pictures. I began loving velvet. I also went to the pre-premiere of ''The Proposal''.






















In September I wasn't allowed to shop at all 'cause I had to save money for Malmö which was kinda hard. Black shoes were amongst my favorites - specially the ones designed by Alexander Wang. I began loving Weekday. I really started loving photography as well. Helmut Lang became one of my favorite designers. Me and some school mates started making a movie. I discovered that Weekday and Monki were opening stores here in Århus in November. I began loving cut-out leggings. I also went to see ''Inglorious Basterds'' sometime in the beginning of September. At the 15th the 3rd season of Gossip Girl began - something I'd been looking forward to for a long time.





















By October the 1st Gina Tricot had its Grand Opening. Me and Nanna went there, but there were too many screaming and pushing girls. I didn't buy anything when we finally went into the store, because I had to save money for Malmö. I saw Balmains SS 10 collection and loved it. I also loved Givenchys SS 10 collection. I bought my blue tie dye jeans for just 100 kr. (19$). I fell head over heels for the Burberry Prorsum lace-up boots. I saw Alexander McQueens SS 10 collection - and I still don't understand how the models (and Lady Gaga for that matter) can walk in those shoes.. Dree Hemingway became one of my style-icons. I finally got my first closet and moved to a new room in the basement of our house. I began loving all black outfits. Karlie Kloss became one of my favorite models. Went to celebrate two of my best friends' birthdays (they're twins) and played Guitar Hero for the first time. By the 16th I went to Malmö, where I bought a lot of the key items in my wardrobe and saw ''Up'' in 3D. Natasha Poly became one of my style-icons. I finally started showing outfits regularly.























In November I went shopping with Nanna and my outfit was one of the ''chosen'' again at Style Gallery. I went to see ''This Is It''. I loved the biker look. Maryna Linchuk and Anna Selezneva became some of my style-icons. I went to an 80's party at my school. Frida Gustavsson became one of my favorite models. I fell in love with clothes from Modekungen. Me and two of my friends went to ''New Moon'' marathon - I loved the movie - and a week later we went bowling with 4 other friends. I started craving for a Nikon d90 (though wanting a DSLR since summer). Me and Nanna had our 2nd Fashion Frames shoot. Monki and Weekday opened their stores at the 28th, the next I went to see ''A Christmas Carol'' in 3D. 






















At the beginning of December I shopped a lot. Amongst the pieces that I bought is the dress for new year's (today) - the one with the chains. I was on the front page of Chictopia. I saw the Victoria's Secret Show. Amanda Nørgaard became one of my favorite models. My room was finally done. It started snowing like crazy in Denmark, so the party at my school was cancelled and the holidays began. I posted my 2nd musthave list, made a snowman, danced around our christmas tree and got a lot of presents. And at last, I have to admit that I've finally started shopping at sales.

Ok, that took longer than expected to write. This post is probably mostly meant for me, so that I can see how my style has developed through the year, and I can see that is has changed a lot. At the beginning of the year of was way too shy to wear what I'm wearing now.

Tonight's outfit will have to wait 'til later or tomorrow. I have to be done in an hour and I haven't even taken a shower yet... Not good.
I hereby wish you all a happy new year! See you again in 2010!

Love, Rosa <3

6 comments:

  1. Hejsa!

    Rigtig fed blog du har, som jeg elsker at kigge med i. Især da jeg også selv er rødhåret ^^

    Jeg ville bare lige også sige at gymnasium svarer altså ikke til High school, men til college på engelsk. undskyld jeg er så dårlig til at lade sådan noget ligge xD'

    Godt nytår (: <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonym - haha, jamen tak for hjælpen :)
    har altid været i tvivl om hvad man skulle kalde det :p

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review!! It is very cool to see how your style evolved...I might have to do this once my blog gets to it's 1st birthday ;) lol

    Happy New Year!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin W. - thank you and happy new year to you too!
    I have to say, it's a good idea to do a review.. It's actually funny too :p you look back and you're just like ''argh, did I really wear that??'' :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. woah outfit overload lol i like ur style
    ps check out www.penelopeinred.blogspot.com if u'd like...

    ReplyDelete
  6. M and K - well, it is a review of a whole year :p
    and thanks :)

    ReplyDelete